About Me

My photo
http://comptheorydolson.wikispaces.com/

Monday, October 19, 2009

Dancing Anyone?

Nlight Noonan

Wormhole Party

Ryan and I embarked on our adventure in Second Life and went to Burning Life on Saturday. We first attended a techno dance club entitled Nlight Noonan, which proved to be a bit scary. Never having had audio on when others communicated in the chat box, ghost-sounding voices pronounced their words. Not only did the sound of the words come as a surprise, but also what the avatars both said and how they dressed.

The majority of the avatars at this club talked in a very sexual manner often using profanity with one another. Some avatars were even scantly clothed. This was a part of Second Life that I had never witnessed. After reading the directions on how to dance, I still could not figure it out as I could not locate a dancing ball. On the contrary though, I was successful in walking around without bumping into anyone.

Next, Ryan and I decided to go to a party at the Wormhole (?) and this was a much more successful adventure. The theme at this dance was Star Trek, so it was interesting to see what the other avatars were wearing. After I was still unable to find the dancing ball, I built up the courage to just ask. To my surprise, the avatars were kind to me as a newbie, and told me how to dance. I was shocked to see my avatar dance, as the moves seemed quite risqué!

Overall, I learned how to dance, and learned that there is much diversity in Second Life. The type of avatars you come across really does depend on your location.

3 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you really experienced two totally different events. My first time at a club I didn't know how to dance either, I'm glad they also helped you out, they seemed very nice.

    I haven't come across anything like you did at Nlight Noonan. Did you try and ask them to dance? I wonder if they were as friendly as the Wormhole people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you went to a club I have yet to visit a club in Second Life. I'm sure hearing the music and trying to figure out how to dance must have been a huge surprise. I'm sure you had a lot more fun once you learned how to dance. It was kind of surprising to read that the avatars were friendly to a newbie I have been scared to ask them certain things and to annoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Meghan! Be jealous. it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete